PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Hi All,
Does anyone have experience with the Peterson Dublin Smooth Churchwarden? I'm thinking about getting one, but would like to hear some opinions first :puffy:
Link
Thank you.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
It looks beautiful. I had some problems with a Peterson calabash churchwarden that was not crafted too well in my opinion. If you are getting it online check the returns policy. Let us know how it smokes if you get it.
D

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Hmmm that does not sound too reassuring... Does anyone know what finish Peterson churchwarden has?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
It's a nice looking pipe, but it looks lacquered to me - but you could email the website to be sure. They are well known for good service.
I have a Peterson Rosslare that has a lacquer finish. It's not hotter than hades, but it's hotter than my unfinished pipes. At the same time, it is improving with age.
I have heard of some lacquered finishes bubbling too. Fortunately mine hasn't. Overall, I would avoid a lacquer finish, but it's not a complete deal breaker.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I had some problems with a Peterson calabash churchwarden that was not crafted too well in my opinion.

Curses! That was going to be the next churchwarden I buy. Maybe not, now.
-Jason

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
I have quite a few churchwardens and find the most comfortable way to hold is by the stem. I also like Peterson's so I wouldn't avoid one at all..........

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I have a hard time buying Peterson's sight unseen. But go for it.... it is a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.