PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
I'm really wanting to get a Peterson Atlantic pipe. The blue bowl and seaweed green stem are beautiful, IMO. But I am concerned with the bowl finish blistering. I have heard this can happen. I've also heard the Peterson's color pipes can change hue over time. I'm okay with the pipe changing hues; I think that would give it character. I'm not okay with the finish blistering. Has anyone had any experience with these pipes?
big-221-peterson-atlantic-series-briar-pipe_zpsmirhnpto.jpg
[/URL][/img]

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
My Peterson Fermoy bent bulldog has the same finish and it developed a small blister under the finish, a replacement was offered immediately but I elected to keep it. It's a beautiful finish and I'm sure it's not a common problem with that many being sold or else they would stop using it. I've got an ebony with that gloss finish that's without problems after a couple of months. I say go for it.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
It is a great looking series. I have to say that I have a bias toward the Pacific which keeps me away from a pipe from a different ocean. If you don't suffer from ocean preferences like I do I hope you pull the trigger and enjoy it.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I've had a Peterson Mark Twain Ebony (and Huck Finn) for around a year, and no issues with the finish yet. If you like the aesthetics, I'd go for the Atlantic, it's a beautiful pipe.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
I too really love the looks of the Atlantic series! The green stem is really nice against the deep blue. I have one on my wish list.

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
I hope that my wife will surprise me with one of them for Christmas, the colors are beautiful.

+Also worth to try the Atlantic Wild tobacco, I love it!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Until recently, I had a green spray silver spigot 68. It never caught the blisters but, after a year or two, some of the the green color underneath the lacquer started turning to brown. It almost looked like a Mossy Oak breakup pattern.
I sold it to one of my hunting buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.