PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I got my order in 2 of each. In stock at smokingpipes.com.
2013 Christmas Blend
003-050-0037.jpg

A base of various cuts of sun-drenched mature Virginias is here topped with a touch of black Cavendish and nutty Burley, then lent aromatic flavors of honey, plum, and cinnamon to create a relaxing, harmonious smoke.
2013 Special Reserve
003-050-0035.jpg

Exclusive hand-cut Virginia flake, bright yellow and mahogany Virginias, and dark Cavendish are combined for Peterson's 2013 Special Reserve, before given a good dose of passion fruit and peach aroma to create a beautiful-looking blend with a sweet, yet complex symphony of flavor.
2013 Summertime Blend
003-050-0036.jpg

Yellow, red, and dark Virginias are here combined with broad-cut black Cavendish, joined by a hint of Burley and granulates of more Virginia, and finally exotic aromas of mango and Caribbean rum all to create a smooth and extravagant smoke.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks!! Just ordered 2 tins of the Summertime and Holiday Season blends.... Of course had to add to the cellar with tins of Solani ABF and #660 to round out the free shipping.....Woo Hoo!!!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Have a couple tins coming. Finally forced me to pull the trigger on my burgeoning TAD issue . . .

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been a fan of Peterson's yearly offerings for a while now. It started when I was gifted a sample of the 2009 and 2010 Holiday Season blends. Then I went off and purchased the 2011 Summertime and Special Reserve blends and enjoyed those a lot.
They're a good quality aromatic. The leaf is of high quality and burns nice and evenly to a white ash. The top dressing is usually done rather nicely, transferring at just the right amount into the smoke. Also, the tobacco flavors will peek their head in from time to time during the bowl as well. They tend to come just a hair on the moist side so a bit of drying time can improve the blends. This may be a good thing for the Holiday Blend this year however since it's coming out so early. Overall if you're looking for a uniquely top dressed aromatic these yearly offerings are something to check out.
I ordered a tin of Summertime and Special Reserve along with two tins of Holiday Season. So far Holiday Season has always been the best for me.
Definitely do not hesitate to order if you're into Peterson's yearly offerings or interested in giving these blends a try. As mentioned before they will sell out very quickly.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Just an FYI, 4noggins has them in stock as well. Ordered one Holiday....and 2 escudo.....and 4oz of LNF

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I placed my order today, 2 Christmas blend,1 Summertime and 1 Special reserve. It was also great to see SP now carries Altadis 507C Virginia Slices. I ordered that as well.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I also threw in a tin of Capstan Blue & Yellow as well as Three Nuns and CAOs Eileens Dream to finish it off. Can't believe I forgot to add Captain Black Dark to it lol. Ah well.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Yeah, went there, did that with 2 tins of the Special Reserve, in addition to Capstan Blue, McB Roll Cake, Peterson University Flake, Sutliff Man's Best Friend and BRG, and Peterson Old Dublin.
And, I gotta tell ya, not only did my TAD go wild, but my PAD went mad: Added to the order was a Savinelli Hercules Rusticated 320 EX.
I'm a dead man. Face it, I'm a dead man. Wife is gonna kill me. So long cruel world, but I'm taking my PAD and TAD with me. Hopefully.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I don't like cinnamon, passion fruit, or rum. None of these sound good to me. I do like the Special Reserve tin though.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Went for another tin of holiday, and a Pete sunset breeze, and a large Orlik GS
Being in Canada, I try and keep orders small....

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I will be ordering 1 of each this Friday. I love all of those yearly blends. I learned my lesson last year and almost completely missed out on the Christmas Blend in the late fall.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have to say this year's tin artwork is some of the best I've seen with these yearly blends.
I agree. I especially like the Special Reserve tin. I have thought about saving the Christmas tins over the next several years and framing the tops of them in a big collage. Make my own pipe art.

Status
Not open for further replies.