PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I've got about 2oz jarred up. It's been awhile since I smoked it, but I really enjoyed it. And yeah, it's a great deal. But just to be on the safe side, get just an oz or two to make sure you want to buy 24oz of it. I'm not saying your going to dislike it, just better to try it first then commit to that much.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, I am just seeing the $1.90/oz side. I don't wanna pay $4.44/oz. to me that is like throwing money away. I'm sure I can sell, trade, or gift it to someone if it doesn't suit me.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you don't like it, and I wouldn't know why, I think a lot of guys here would buy up the leftovers. Or, you could jar it up and let it age, then revisit it when your tastes have changed. Personally, I think it's a very good smoke, and an excellent bargain.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
It's a good VA/Per, very tasty, has a bit of a kick to it. I haven't smoked it in a while. If you get stuck with the pound, put it up for trade, I'll take some of it.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Buy the big box, if you don"t like it, I"ll buy it from you and share it with Irish and herbindave , the old Cajun, I"ve never smoked it, but damn it all tastes good LOL

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm definitely a fan.

It is one of those blends that will lend itself to the addition of a pinch of Perique.

Mmmmm good stuff!
:puffy:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Heck, Irish, cortez, rcstan, cajun, Lawrence, and Chris pm me your address and I'll send you a sample when I get back home on September 1st. I already have Dave's address. at $1.90/oz I can afford to tack on a few extra oz for you guys.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
:puffy:
gwtwdbss thanks! That won't be necessary though. I think what we were all trying to say is that you will probably like LBF and if you don't, we will take it off your hands. I have a couple-three ounces of it I got from the pay-it-forward, just haven't gotten around to smoking it, as I got about 3 lbs of tobacco from trades and TAD order in the last week ..... about a dozen blends counting what I had already open

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
I love this stuff! I have three boxes cellared. I so go for the 24 oz. There are plenty of folks who like it enough if you ever want to trade or sell. Better yet; if you don't like it at first, put it in some mason jars and set it aside to revisit it later. It ages very well and your tastes may well have changed in a couple years.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I just tried this for the first time recently and liked it enough to end up with 4 boxes to cellar. I think the cavendish is essentially a rolled tube and the Va/perique is wrapped around that tube. There is no bite and the cavendish adds a nice sweetness to round out the slight spice note. Like Romeo said, it has a bit of a kick but is oh so smooth.
If you like to try it first, PM me your address and I will send you some that has some age on it.
Mike

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I like a nice kick from my baccy's. Thanks guys. I had to order 2 boxes. One to cellar and one to smoke/share. I have the envelopes printed out for the guys that have PM'd me thus far. They will be going out the day after I get home the first of the month!

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
to me it's like escudo but not nearly as good. i'd rather pay a little more and smoke escudo.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks chopz. I ordered a few tins of escudo that I don't plan on touching for several months/years down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.