PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Did you think it vanilla or chocolate? My current aromatic favorite is Lane TK-6, which is very vanilla.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Actually I didn't quite make the call by taste, the review says it's vanilla.
Cavendish often have a distinct body and aftertaste that is pretty potent ... but it's either the additive or the burley or both that manage to make the taste even and smooth and sweet.
I've settled into liking Lane MV-1000, it's been the most pleasant Virginia blend I've had so far, but I haven't tried TK-6.
Lane Limited has yet to disappoint so far, although RLP-6 isn't quite my favorite.
One of the folks in the review link there mentioned mixing B&B with their PS-24 (Nougat) ... and that sounds interesting actually, so does TK-6.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
This is one of the few aromatics that I actually enjoy and keep on hand. I don't get the vanilla taste, it's more of a cherry vanilla. Tastes close to what it smells. Very light. No bite.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
It's been my experience that you don't run into a good cavendish very often. They usually have a trademark strong taste/aftertaste associated with them I've found.
Lane BCA passed my test, and B&B has very little burley in it and manages to come out smooth anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.