PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I picked up this pipe earlier this week and it finally came in today. It was an estate pipe I found on sp.com, and I have been interested in trying a bent egg. I love the elegant lines and have heard great things about Peter Heeschen pipes. Well, the review is in and it exceeded my expectations! I loaded it with some Solani Silver flake for its maiden voyage, and sat down by the fireplace to watch Christmas Vacation. I smoked for about 1.5 hours all the way down to ash. The pipe pretty much smoked itself. Wide open draw. 1.3 ounces of pure awesome. The stem work was great as well, and I would say it was almost as comfortable to clench as a Rad Davis pipe. (Almost!). It was my first bowl of the Solani as well, so I won't attempt a review, but it is a premium flake and will definitely find a spot in my rotation.

Josh

Dec 24, 2012
Nice work Josh. I have been an admirer of Peter's pipes for sometime. Yours is a beauty. Have you tried C&D's Briar Fox yet?

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Peck, I haven't tried Briar Fox yet. It is a Va/Bur as well if I recall? I will have to snag a tin soon, as I do enjoy C&D offerings.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe and a great flake to break it in with. I hear nothing but great things about Peter's work. Congrats on your new pipe, definitely a fine addition to your collection.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats! I have eyeballed that pipe for a few weeks but I found it just a bit too short for my tastes. Still, an excellent implement! Peter definitely knows his stuff. I am proud to own two of his pipes ( so far ). Be mindful of clenching them too hard, the stem is not quite designed for "gnawing" ( even he says so on his website ).

Status
Not open for further replies.