PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tre123

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2012
I bought a tobacco blend with perique. Wow !!! I've only smoked it I'm my cob. My question, will it " ghost" one of my briars?
Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion, L.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have not found that perique ghosts a pipe in the way say an English or aromatic blend will. Was the perique you smoked a va/perique or a English/perique blend?

tre123

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2012
It was a va perique. It says HH AcadianPerique on the bag . Zip lock style bag

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I love perique's black pepper taste. No it does not ghost your pipe. Enjoy. :puffpipe:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Does it ghost a pipe? Well, hopefully! I agree with those who think Perique improves any blend.

Like Barkar says, it doesn't ghost a pipe like an aromatic, Lakeland, or Latakia blend -- that is,

intrude on what you're currently smoking; but a pipe seasoned richly with Perique has a character of its own.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I remember the first time I smoked a blend with Perique. It's just like Mike said its the bacon of the tobacco world! Wonderful.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
As most of you already know, Perique is only made in Saint James Parish, Louisiana in a very small area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perique

I have read in several places (including the Wiki article above) that most of the Perique we get in our

blends aren't really Perique at all. I have always wondered which 'labels' actually use it and which ones

use burly tobacco.

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
@TopD very nice info. I knew that perique was a truley american tobacco grew down south, but i figured like most things, other people and places grew it. i guess if its not an american perique, from la. than its not really perique...you have my little hampster runnin in its wheel now.... i wonder what brands only incorporate american grown perique in thier blends???

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
@ barkar...very true! lol but its nice to know, if your interested in keepin our money in the u.s. as much as possible. why let someone else take advantage of our(america's) contribution to the tobacco market...

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Also, nothing will ghost a cob. That is one of the benefits of corncobs. Smoke, load a different blend, smoke, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.