PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
My in-laws were in town for the weekend and while our wives went shopping, I took my father-in-law to Iwan Ries. It turned out to be a perfect day. They were running a sale, and they were paying the tax, so the deals were awesome. He is a cigar smoker and he picked up some great sticks. I got a TAD fix and bought some McClelland Pebblecut, C&D Tuskegee Airmen, Escudo Navy DeLuXe, and some Lane 1Q to send back to my brother-in-law who loves aromatics.
After our purchases, we spent the rest of the day in the lounge. We watched Iowa come from behind in a great game, ordered some amazing hamburgers from a local place, drank some Fat Tire, and smoked until our throats were sore.
My question is, do you have a local lounge (send pic if you can), and how do you spend your perfect day in that lounge?

Iwan Ries' Lounge

http://www.hauteliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/iwanries.jpg
Edit:Changed the picture to a link.... couldn't fix the picture. Your method was correct, probably something on their end. (link won't work either) JUST COPY THE URL and PASTE IN YOUR BROWSER Lawrence

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
darn it....no pics for us?
Yep, have a local lounge that I can walk to. ...but I doubt if there would be a perfect day in there, as it is a tight nit group that hangs out, so you never feel totally accepted or comfortable with the "in crowd"

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
That is a shame. There are definitly some regulars at Iwan, but they have always been great to hang out with the few times I have been there. They offer you beer, tobacco, whatever. Maybe the guys at your place will come around. Sorry no pics of the day, next time I will remedy that.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Menckenite.jpg

William/ Menkenite

DSC00386.jpg

Raymond's/Birmingham0irish's legs

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Thanks a great looking lounge, a bit more warm and home-y than IR.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Octavius I am sooooooo jealous. I want to visit Iwan Ries. I need to take a few days off work and visit chicago. To bad I didnt know about Iwan Ries when I drove a truck over the road, I was in Chicago alot.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
There is a local BM nearby but I stopped going as it catered to The Cigar Elite - where the bigger/more expensive cigar = the bigger the Ego and the louder the Vocal Chatter. Also it had the smallest pipe tobacco offering I have ever seen in any store. Makes WalMart/CVS look good.

landogilbot

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
Would be nice, but due to smoking laws in Canada I haven't ran into anything of the sort. I was renovating my study to accomidate my fellow pipe smokers but I had to stop construction due to work obligations.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Would be nice, but due to smoking laws in Canada I haven't ran into anything of the sort. I was renovating my study to accomidate my fellow pipe smokers but I had to stop construction due to work obligations.
Myself as well - except that I did finish retrofitting my garage. Of course, wouldn't you know it, now the wife wants to actually park in there - so, I'm seriously considering building an attached "shed" before the cold arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.