PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Has anyone tried this blend? It has fantastic word of mouth, but isn't advertised on the Peretti website - you need to ask for it directly and use the secret code word.
If anyone has tried it, please post your thoughts here as I'm thinking I might order some.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
peck - not being a burley flake fan, nor a burleyphile, I can't help wondering if this would fit your flavor profile. The one time I puffed it, it reminded me of Solani ABF. I'm visiting Peretti's every day this week and I can do another taste comparison.
hp

les

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks Les. Odd that it isn't listed on their website. Some say it's kind of like Stonehaven, in some broad and general manner.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
It's not like Stonehaven at all. Though it is enjoyable. I would consider it a burley flake, but I guess I don't know for sure. I'd prefer if there wasn't a fevered run on it like there has been on some blends!
Les, when are you at Peretti's?

Dec 24, 2012
I just phoned Peretti and ordered some Somerset slices. For those who want to try some, you need to use special code language before Peretti will acknowledge that they have this blend and then fill your order. Here is the script you need to learn.
Dial the LJ Peretti number at 1 617-482-0218.
When the phone is answered, you say: Know any good white basketball players?
The person at Peretti will then respond: There are no good white basketball players.
You then reply: I was hoping to get a trim this weekend, if possible.
Peretti will then reply: The fat man walks at midnight.
You then say: And there are [insert number of ounces you want] daffodils blooming in Bucharest.
And there you go - you've placed your order for Somerset Slices.

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Lol, you never know with Pipers. I know some that would do anything for a kick!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Peck is only half kidding!! I have been there many times and while they do warm up to you, warm to them is a relative term! But they are never unpleasant. I love my visits and TAD attacks when I am there and while I have seen Somerset Slices I have never tried them. It will have to add them to the list.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
f&p - daughter is in Bay Village, 2 blocks from Peretti's. So this week while visiting, anytime they're open is fine for a meet up/smoke-in, depending on g'son sleep schedule.
hp and tl

les

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
You then say: And there are [insert number of ounces you want] daffodils blooming in Bucharest.
Crap. I said tulips not daffodils...
I wonder what's going to be in my paint can.
-- Pat

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I just had a first. I was in Boston, and didn't stop at Peretti's! I took my Architecture class on a field trip to Boston yesterday, and couldn't stop in! Between the bus and duckboat, I passed it three times...I'm dying for some Park Square. Guess I'll have to wait until next month when my wife and I will go back for a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.