Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight is with Per Georg Jensen of The Mac Baren Tobacco Company. This is Per's 2nd visit with us, and this time we will talk about the Georg Jensen Pipe Factory that his father founded in 1954, as well as hot pressing tobaccos at Mac Baren. Since it's St. Patrick's Day, in the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will talk about the Dublin pipe shape, which is one of his favorites. We will have some St. Patrick's Day music as well
PerGeorgJensen.jpg

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Thank you for another great show. I'm sitting here processing Brian's rant and how it applies to our "pipes in art" thread. I have done everything possible, once the bombardment of everyone's simple searches ebbed, to annotate the artist of each work as well as informing people, in the commentaries, of where the images are coming from. I started with every museum with an online presence and am now combing auction houses' past sales catalogs. I try to do due diligence in researching and correcting any mistakes in identification.

I am enjoying the search, including the thousands of non-pipe artworks I've viewed, but what I've wanted all along was to add as complete a collection as possible to the community that taught me so much when I re-started my piping after 40 years. It's added a wealth of pleasure into a life that is mostly in "subtraction" mode.

How can we make it better, so that these works can be enjoyed for many years on smokingpipes.com? All suggestions are welcome.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Mike, if you read this, you'll find out why HH Highland is not coming back.
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/mac-baren-hh-line-is-back-with-smaller-tins-new-packaging/

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's always a pleasure to hear Per discuss tobaccos.
I'm hoping with this new look at the HH line Mac Baren will add a nice straight up Virginia Perique blend. Their version of Dunhill's De Luxe Navy Rolls is what I'm hoping for.
A great episode. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.