PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Hi Fellow Puffers,
I just got a sample from Jack Peterson of Sterling/1776 Tobaccos and it is an AMAZING BLEND inspired by Penzance. I have to say it is incredible. It's called "American Patriot" A lot of us have been wanting Penzance... and unable to get it - well here is a blend that is pretty darn close in taste. This is one bold smoke! I will be ordering my 8 ounces of this blend soon. To order contact Jack at jackpete@sbcglobal.net Here is my mini review:
Strength: Very Full

Flavoring: None - Natural

Room Note: Tolerable - Tolerable-Pleasant

Recommendation: Highly Recommended
A superb mixture of tobaccos harkening back in the days when tobaccos

like Dunhill's Night Cap were top drawer. Inspired by the taste of Penzance -

the inspiration ends with this blend - perhaps Patriot might be even a little

better. The tobacco comes in a pouch in a ribbon cut - not in a crumble cake

like Penzance did in the small oblong tin. There is a full aroma

of English Tobaccos in the pouch. Yum.The blend has wonderful structure and

complexity. There are wonderful notes of leather, meyers lemon, smokey firewood,

coffee, baker's unsweetened chocolate, wild mint, wild game-Venison, spice, pat

o' butter and hint of sweetness.
I highly recommend this blend to all lovers of a full English Blends. American Patriot

Blend totally rocks!

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
You can call him at 1 800 891-7761. He is offering 2 ounces for $13.66 or 7 ounces for $40.30 or 14 ounces for $80.35. I will let the tobacco speak for itself.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Well my buddy Clanobucklin has made the GRAND ANNOUNCEMENT! American Patriot was blended at my personal request and named by me. Jack Peterson is a wizzard when it comes to blending pipe tobacco. American Patriot will certainly be his legacy and I'm proud to have been the inspiration behind the accomplishment. Smoke it and you too will be an American Patriot! Marty Tannen from Setauket, Long Island NY.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
mjtannen,
Great... I am sure Penzance lovers will be most appreciative of your efforts!!!!

While not for me... I know it is the holy grail for many........

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Funny, I didn't know that AP was the blend he sent out the notice about today. I had emailed him back asking him about a proposed Penzance clone, so I'll likely order a sample soon. Thanks for spearheading this latest blend. It does look like it is close in price too.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I got that email too Hobie! This is great, I just ran out of Penzance and I have already found one substitute. Now there might even be a second!
You should be getting a sweet smelling box in the mail, any day now. :wink:

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Based on the review from Clanobucklin, I ordered a 2oz. Jack gave me a free 2oz. of Freedom also. They came in the mail today and I'll be trying American Patriot tonight.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I feel like I must update this for those looking... In my opinion, which might mean nothing to you, American Patriot was pretty far off the mark! :(
It didn't come close to Penzance for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great blend in its own right! I just wouldn't equate it to Penzance....

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Awe man! I was really looking forward to trying something that was almost identical to Penzance. I've heard so much about Penzance and haven't been able to find it anywhere. I thought this would be as close as I could get to the real thing.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
It most definitely isn't Hobie, on a both funny, and sad related note; I couldn't handle the pressure of having hen's teeth (Penzance) and ended up selling my whole stash to a friend in Whistler.

Status
Not open for further replies.