Penzance and Stonehaven: They're Everywhere!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
So after several threads pointing out some internet-based sellers had various Esoterica tobaccos in stock, and such threads leading inevitably to those same sellers being back out of stock, it occurred to me: The distributor must have received a shipment from overseas, and these shipments were making their way to tobacconists everywhere.
So I checked both of the tobacconists in my state who carry Esoterica. Whaddaya know? Both now have Penzance and Stonehaven in stock. Only in the 8 oz bags mind you. And only a couple of bags each.
My point is - if you're after either of these, strike now at your local tobacconist, or be ready to place an order with your favorite internet site that hasn't already posted and sold out again. It's out there everywhere. But I'm betting it's statistically gone in a week.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
You are forgetting that most small towns no longer have B&M tobacco stores. :(

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
First of all, Gigger needs to be banned now. Who's got the ban-hammer? :puffpipe:
OK - seriously: Yup. I get it Gigger. Even a great tobacco probably has 30% fans and 70% non-fans. (Completely made up statistic, but I'm sticking with it.)
So for people who ARE looking.....now is a good time. I'm just making a public service announcement. I've got 3 pounds of Penzance and one pound of Stonehaven in my cellar now. I didn't even buy any of the stuff locally OR online this time around.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I am looking for dunbar. I have eough penzance on its way.

Not to highjack the thread but I would trade you a bag of Dunbar for a bag of Penzance.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
My bag of penzance is from 1999 and I have not tried Dunbar so I will have to say no, but I would trade a tin for a tin.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
There has been a nice influx recently. I managed to grab 1 Stonehaven off Iwan Ries. Which luckily for me is my favorite. Unfortunately my local shop doesn't carry Esoterica. I've tried convincing him but he won't bother.
*tarheel1 I sent you a message

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Esotericas including Stonehaven and Penzance in stock at Cup O Joes as of this morning. You might have to call them, I don't think they list them on their website yet. I got an in stock email for Iwan Reis yesterday that they had Kingfisher in stock briefly. Did anyone actually score any?

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks highplains, got a bag of Stonehaven from COJs after getting a busy signal for about 10 min.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Maybe they have finally lost the hype factor like iPhones, Lugz shoes, and backwards ball caps.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thanks for the tip about COJ. I just bought a bag of Stonehaven. While I've been very unimpressed with it, I'm taking to heart MLC's contention that Germaine's output is of uneven quality and that I may have gotten a bum batch. So I'll give it another spin in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.