PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
I am stoked to say I just happened upon two tins of Patriot Flake on Smokingpipes.com. I don't know where they found it or how they came across it as it's no longer produced. Some years ago I tried my hand at pipe smoking and gave up. I remember loving the taste, but it kept going out and the pipe gurgled. Patriot Flake was my first ever tin of tobacco. I picked it up on a whim. I don't remember what it tastes like or even what the flake looks like, but I had to get it as soon as I saw it. I'm going to pop one tin as soon as it arrives and save the other for a few decades while I hunt for more. I'll report back once they arrive. Does anyone know when Dan Tobacco stopped producing this?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
4noggins seems to have it in stock:
http://www.4noggins.com/DANTobaccoPATRIOTFLAKE50g.aspx

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
No kidding. I suppose I was misinformed. Well, in that case, I haven't been able to find it for years. I'm glad it's still around. What else do you guys recommend from Dan?

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Old Ironsides is one hell if a lat blend, but you'd be hard pressed to find some outside of Dan tobacco Co itself.
Hamborger Verrmaster is great Va IMo, some don't agree though.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
Telling people these tobaccos are difficult to find, then providing links to places to buy them has been known to cause fatal increases in TAD. At the rate I'm going, my cellar is going to be a bigger mess than my bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.