PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Never made a ziti but I do love pasta. My specialty is called Chicken Diablo. Chicken cooked first in lemon juice and cracked black pepper then drained and simmered in a vodka sauce and served over whole grain penne. Seasoned with Italian spices, Parmesan, red pepper, black pepper and red curry powder.
I recently tried my hand at the standard lasagna and it turned out very well.
I like to cook and put the same thought and effort into it as any other of my hobbies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I used to be a personal chef, my wife and I started a small catering business. Life changed so I almost never cook anymore, I kind of miss it but I've poured my energy into the pipe hobby instead. Have to say that pipe smoking is a wee bit more relaxing than cooking.
Edit: Hit send too fast. That diablo chicken recipe sounds like a killer dish Mike, customers used to ask me about stuff like that and I didn't have anything in my repertoire. I'll have to try that one day, if I decide to start playing in the kitchen again.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I like to make spaghetti carbonara; sometimes with shrimp. It's a white cream sauce with bacon. Really not sure if there is any other way to make pasta more awesome than adding bacon.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Now we're talking! Food, esp. Italian - one of my great passions.
I like to make a modification of a dish that I learned to cook with Giuliano Bugialli at his school in Tuscany many years ago.
It basically uses a chunky sauce, made by slowly reducing red and yellow peppers, along with ground pancetta and finely chopped fresh rosemary. I learned to make the dish with pieces of chicken and rabbit, but it can be modified to work nicely with penne rigate as well. I also add a sprinkle or two of turmeric for color too.
Coming into the house from on a cold winter day and smelling the aroma of the pancetta and fresh rosemary is incomparable delight for your salivary glands!

Status
Not open for further replies.