PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Tobacco Of The Month Club just came in...
The selection seems nice. Two Aro's, 1 Lat, 1 Codger. The unlabeled bag is Russ's Snow Drift.
But where's the pipe?

edit: the image doesn't want to post, but the link works.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
It looks like they removed the pipe from the "stud" plan:
Receive four different pipe tobaccos (4 brands) each month, three national brands plus one exclusive blend made by Russ Ouellette. Gift memberships are available from 2-12 months or on a month-to-month basis. The price is only $19.95 (plus $5 shipping and handling for the first month only. Each additional month ships FREE)!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Eh, I could leave the pipe too its not a factor for me - I'd rather them throw in a czech tool, you can always need another one of those.
Note to P&C Also - they removed the text where it said the cob pipe - but the image above it still has the pipe.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The pipe really isn't a factor for me either, but I don't know how I feel to have paid for something already and then have them change their minds about what they wish to include. That seems a little underhanded to me. I don't believe I have received my package yet. Does anyone know if they provide you with a tracking number?

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
@teufelhund There should be a tracking link both in the emails you received and your account dashboard on the P&C site. I ordered mine on 1/6 and it got to my door in North Carolina on 1/14.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
My last two orders from them never came with a tracking number via email. I had to contact them to find out if the order had shipped or not.
Of course this was prior to their site redesign. I'm not sure if they changed their back end order processing or not, so it may not be an issue anymore.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I was a bit disappointed this month. I guess that leaves room for improvement. Anything that you get in a pouch that says vanilla on it just seems too common for me. Of the two tins; I cellar both. Just my luck I guess; good for the cellar but not for new tobaccos. Hope the bulk turns out to be an interesting experience. Take care gents.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Troost was a very pleasant surprise for me. It's a blend I always overlook and never think about so it was nice to sample. Pretty good stuff.
I've cellared up the Snow Drift, Melange, and Fusilier's (how do you pronounce this?). It will probably be a really long time before I get to them.

hammerhorror

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2013
Not too fussed about the removed cob either, as folks were saying it was going to be a cheap Chinese one. I've only had a chance to smoke the Snow Drift so far - it's OK for a bulk aro, maybe a couple steps up from the local bulks. It has a very "loud" pouch (bag?) note - pleasant, but it will fill the room if you don't jar it. Good mustache note too. My wife even complimented it :) I've not tried the other three before, so it should be an adventure.

blindmansleeps

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2014
I think I might try the monthly subscription out. Seems like a pretty inexpensive way to broaden a smoker's taste buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.