PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
The last email I received from P&C mentioned the fact that they sell over a ton of Lane Ltd each and every month! Am I the only one surprised? Wonder where it's all going?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It all goes to Peck, naturally...
Now that is funny. Considering that aromatic blends out sell all the others combined, it does not surpriise me they sell that kind of quantity. Who ever is buying it must be enjoying it which is all that matters.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
If P&C sells a ton by themselves, I would like to know how much Lane itself moves in a month.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was told that aromatics are about 80% of the pipe tobaccos that are sold, so it's not so surprising given that.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I recall reading somewhere that a 1.75 oz. tin of pipe-tobacco will yield approximately 20 "average" bowls-full. If this is correct, and if my arithmetic is also correct, then a pound of tobacco would yield 182.86 bowls-full. Accordingly, 2,000 pounds of tobacco would yield 365,714.28 bowls-full.
The bottom line here is that Pipes & Cigars' customers are apparently smoking one whale of a lot of Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane pipe-tobacco each month!

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
As a heavy user of Lane products, that makes me a contributor but WAY short of the ton - not that is would not be fun to try...

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Typically I'll buy a pound of 1Q twice a year.
I do enjoy a lot of other Lane offerings. Not nearly enough to put a ding into a ton of it being sold every month though lol.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That is a very interesting fact. What is your basis for this assertion as if correct it gives some idea of the US tobacco market.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Aromatic blends are to pipe smoking what automatic transmissions are to automobiles - aficionados often bemoan both on internet forums, but dollars in the market speak louder than thread posts.

May 31, 2012
I'll take a dogtooth gearbox and a stout plug every time over a sluggish slushbox and a candyland aromatic!

:P
Xe4UVrV.png

93iFcss.png

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
misterlowercase, I am with you on both counts, but we are not driving the market. I am desperately delaying my switch to a larger people carrier in order to hang on to my proper gearbox a little longer. If only Subaru or VW made larger cars...

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
I grabbed the quote from the P&C email, below:
Here are some interesting facts - Aromatic pipe tobaccos account for well over 90% of all pipe tobacco sold in the US. Of that amount, Lane Limited tobaccos are far and away our best sellers - in fact, we sell well more than a ton each month...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.