P&C Make Your Own Blend: anyone do this?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Has anyone made their own blend with the P&C my blend selections?

If so, is it a good deal? Have you made the "magic" blend? And what packaging and labeling does it come in?

A Baggie and hand written sharpie? Is this too many question marks?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Heh heh heh, not to many questions, but you can answer most of them yourself by going there. I personally think I'd rather do it myself. You wouldn't even have to buy anything to experiment with blending. I'm letting something simmer right now. I mixed about 3/4 ounces each of Escudo and Fusiliers Ration after rubbing them out good and jarring it up. Just waiting now. 8)

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'd recommend ordering the blending tobaccos separately and starting there.
That way, you can make some small 1oz batches to test smoke before commiting.
Blending Perique, Latakia, Burley, Orientals etc... can be found at P&C for great prices.
For a blending Virginia, I highly recommend McClelland's #5100 Red Cake.
My last blend, named Black Mamba, turned out quite well and I have left over

Perique and Latakia to smoke straight or add to other blends.

My issue with the P&C make your own blend is that there are so many variations of these ingredients, that it's impossible to know what would be good or not. What is the Virginia? Sweet and fruity or earthy? Anniversary Cake sweet or Red Cake sweet? Which orientals, cavendish? I know it has a small excerpt of what it should taste like, but by whose taste buds? It's like blindly mixing something without getting to even sniff it.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
After the discussion of "Odin's Wind", I'm thinking of trying my hand at something custom-blended that matches the mythology a little better... Like I need another hobby. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.