PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
P&C misplaced a pallet of 150 orders that was supposed to go out last Thursday, which did not, and is going out today. How do I know? I called about my order. They didn't call me when they found it this morning!
They apologized and said they could refund "some" of my expedited shipping cost.
So if you ordered from P&C last Thursday you may see a delay in your package.
TC

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Yikes! Hope it gets there quick. I ordered some SPC Deception Pass and it left today as well.
So happy! That stuff is magic Va/Per happiness.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Interesting - take the refund and switch over to Smokingpipes. :) jk
Thanks for posting, hopefully it will help some others who are wondering.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
Interesting - take the refund and switch over to Smokingpipes. :) jk
Thanks for posting, hopefully it will help some others who are wondering.
I will definately be looking at smoking pipes.com! I've just never ordered from anyone except P&C. Guess I'm "too" loyal.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
It is definitely upsetting when we feel we weren't treated fairly by a retailer, online or otherwise. We spend so much of our hard earned money on this hobby. Everyone has a right to react in whatever way they see fit. Others may suggest you are over reacting or not reacting enough. Why should they have a say? It's not there money it's yours. So, jump ship, wail, try them again.... That's your right. As for me, I've already made my personal decision on P&C.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Why should they have a say?"

Because you chose to launch your allegations on a public forum, that's why. Look up the word "forum".
Some of us here have had experiences with P&C that are quite different from that which you describe. Some see all these new members with low post counts launching vitriol at a site sponsor, and we are skeptical.
That's all.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
My experience with P&C has been excellent. We all develop attachments to certain retailers and disaffection to others.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
Homeboy might have a low post count but he is far from a newbie. Been here longer than most that have posted in this thread. I can respect someone that only posts when they really have something to say and not just to boost their "stats".
Personally, my experiences with P&C have been exemplary and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Having ran a fulfillment warehouse in a past life I can tell you that stuff happens. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater but that's just personal opinion.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I hear you, and I think we basically agree. Russ runs a good shop from my perspective. Based on my past experience with P&C, they would have to mess up more than once to wipe out the "ataboys" they have built up with me.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
It sounds like one chaotic operation. I mean, there are three companies that ship out of the same location and two are primarily cigars (CI and cigar.com) so the shipping people have to process and ship for three different companies. It does not sound like each has their own staff for shipping. It also seems like it would be a mad house due to each company having their own SKU's for inventory, a logistical PITA.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Michael, it is not at all uncoomon for one fulfillment center to serve multiple entities. The warehouse operations are identical, with just the name of the company changing on the invoice. Far from chaotic, it's rather brilliant. Think "Amazon" on a smaller scale.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Dan,Bingo! I spent 6 months working for the big A a few years back and was amazed at the operation and it's efficiency.

I find much the same at P&C.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.