PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
To everyone who ordered the Stanwell pipe in their build your own package, which pipe in particular did you receive? On another thread here I noticed an N4 and a 172, but when I called to ask for specifics, I was just told its random. Just wondering, I ordered mine today, but living in Washington, I had to leave out the tobacco. Im hoping someone over there catches that and throws in an N4 for me...

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
i got the 172 and am glad i did. I wasnt thrilled about whatever pipe was in the picture. maybe it was just a bad picture but my Stanwell is beautiful.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I got the 172 and really love it. The bowl shape is really sturdy and attractive imo.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
My Stanwell 172 is in my top 5 favorite pipes but I did not acquire it in the "build their own package". But as a well kept estate pipe that was a breeze to clean up, I am just as happy. A great smoker if you are OK with the extra weight (71 grams).

Spencer

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Just ordered mine today. Interested to see what comes. I googled Stanwell Specialty Diplomat and the 198 shape came up. Was hoping that would be what I got, but the 172 and N4 both look good too.

Jan 8, 2013
Well, P&C has informed me that they are out of N4s, so Im thinking 172s. The 198 generally seems to be a non-US shape, but who knows. Both are nice pipes, Im just happy to be adding another Stanwell to my tiny collection. Ill finally be able to fill a 3 pipe rack with good briars.

Jan 8, 2013
Update: for those who care... I recieved the 198. There is a lot of briar on this little pipe. Im pretty damn happy.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for the update! I'm still hoping for the 198 so it's nice to know some people are getting them. My package isn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow though.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
I didn't go in on this, but the 198 is the star of the show, IMO. Great shape you don't see very often in the states.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
I received the 172 as well. Love it but after a few smokes I noticed a weird plastic type taste. I removed the filter and it seems to have gone away. Will try the Stanwell without the filter. But, I love the pipe.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I ended up with the 198 as well. I am really happy with it too. Fantastic pipe for the price. All the freebies included make it an absolute steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.