PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Well, our buddy Jon went and got a 7 day set from Scottie. Of course, she did an amazing job on it. Unfortunately, the Scottie bug bit me again, so I reached out to her about adding another to my collection. Well, she did not disappoint, so here is the next in the rotation. I'm pretty sure this brings me up to 7, but I need to check.
JW3gjD7l.jpg

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
Awesome pipe Skraps! I'm still amazed at how nice her work is. Congrats

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Another beauty, We need a photo of them all together!
Yep. I'll get them all together when this one comes next week and snap a photo.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Butterscotch indeed! That's a beautiful pipe.I'm going to have to look into Scottie when (if) I get the chance to commission a pipe.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I am now the proud owner of 7 Scottie pipes. 5 of them are technically Bing's. Of the other 2, one is a replica of a Becker that I liked and the other is essentially a Canadian. I guess I still need to work toward the 7 day set of Bing's.
Scottie's work is amazing. Her craftsmanship is top notch, she is a pleasure to work with, and I'm proud to say I consider her a friend as well. If you have a chance to order a pipe from her, don't wait. They are worth every penny.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
That is terrific looking. What is stem - and band- made of?
I'll have to double check on the stem. I'm not sure if it's Juma or Ebonite. The band is stainless.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Really like the warm colors on this one. The way she matched the lighter stain to the stem is inspired. The shaping is really crisp, and the transition is so delicate...awesome job.
Just out of curiosity, how deep does she cut the slot?

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Just out of curiosity, how deep does she cut the slot?
I wish I had a good way to measure. I'll give her a shout and get the dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.