PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
002-508-78461015.jpg

I've managed to restrain myself from making any pipe purchases for a few months, until the dormant PAD sprang back to life. I got this sweetie from Nording (obviously), one of his Great Danes. I don't know why this one spoke to me, because it't very similar to other Great Danes. It has a huge chamber and inner rim diameter, and I thought I'd show it off. What do you think?

Onn quite another subject, is eccentricity a trait of some pipe shop owners? I ran into one recently who swore up and down that Peterson pipes are really made in France, and Nording pipes are made automatically by factory machines. Maybe all the tobacco smoke got to him?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
congrats on Your new achievement Sparrow,I'm encountering just the same Pad problem as you described,but often If I'm buying something new I usually sell something off in order to keep my collection from accumulating too much,and then there this financial aspect which I must take into count as well, as for Peterson pipes no I can't believe them being manufactured in Spain, Greets, Paul

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I confess, I've been doing the same thing. Check out the pipe sales section here soon for some Nording bulldogs I'll make available for really reasonable prices: I found I haven't been smoking them as much as I had originally thought.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a beautiful Nording, wherever it was made. Nording, the man himself, is trained as an engineer (not sure if formally or through apprenticeship) but he has always gotten it right on my pipes. If I was going to spend a lot of money on a pipe from a maker who has pipes at all price levels, I'd be confident that Nording would give me my money's worth. I have one of his econo-pipes, an Eriksen; a mid-range signature; and an up-market Zebra hunting pipe, and they are all excellent. The Eriksen is the perfect pocket pipe for travel or car, and the others are great in any context.

Jan 8, 2013
I've heard of Petersons being made in France, Italy, Spain... apparently they're made everywhere BUT that factory in Sallynoggin Ireland, where apparently all the workers there are just pretending to make those pipes :mrgreen: I see this more often on Facebook and other sites, then on the forums. I think this is what happens when someone says something online, somebody else believes it, and says it too, and then somebody else does the same, etc., etc., etc., until it's common knowledge and since it's online it must be true. And that he believes Nordings are all factory made by machines is laughable. Try finding two of the Nording Great Danes that look exactly alike... not going to happen.
That being said, that is an awesome looking Nording Great Dane, Sparrow. I'm not normally a fan of partial rustication, but I often like the look on a Nording. Enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Nichols, I should have the Nodding bulldogs available by tomorrow, maybe tonight. They are in great dispelled me know if the price is fair. I'll trust you.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Nice looking Nording - Congrats !
I’ve found the cure for excessive PAD - - - TAD !
And the cure for both is running out of money in the pipe smoking budget !
(Well, at least it’s cheaper than premium cigars and at a whole level healthier than cigarettes)

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow...that Great Dane arrived today, a day early, and it's much more than I expected. The rustcated bottom shape flows in ridges and unexpected curves not visible in the photos, wide, deep chamber (no surprise there) and of course, smokes great. Erik, you outdone yourself with this one--and on sale yet, well below a hundred. I am a happy camper today!

Status
Not open for further replies.