PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So the meer churchwarden just came from Turkey. I am stunned, what a superb pipe. I put the Peterson 68 next to it to give a reference of the size. It is carved really nicely and fits the hand perfect. Here is the fellow I got it from: http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/ I am off to smoke it. WOW
meer1

meer2

meer3

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I'm not a meer fan.
I don't especially like church wardens.
But holy cow! That is one of the most lovely pipes I have seen in a good while.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Good golly that thing is GORGEOUS! As one man among us would say....good git!

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Still holding off on getting my first meer. If I was to pull the trigger on one right now, today, it would definitely be the same or similar to what you've just gotten pipeinhand. Really nice piece.
Is the shank extension acrylic?

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So I grabbed me some Escudo Navy De Lux, let Jake out the front door and we walked the driveway. Hand fit, really nice. Being a churchwarden this this is a holder and not a tooth clamper but it is long enough that the arm is not bent too far as to become uncomfortable for a long walk. Very cool, dry and draws very well. The navy smokes slow so we walked around the front acre for a while and only lit it one more time. I love the hand feel of carved anything and this one is nice.
Since this is such a looker and smokes so well I know this is going to be a special pipe for me.
Thanks for the ooo aaa's and tslex: you should try a church, I now have 6 with 2 more coming.
It is acrylic.
Oh and, "it's s good smoker". I just had to throw that in. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.