PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Ok, so I just had PAD episode while on ebay. Broke every rule I have for buying pipes. Admitidly they are pretty simplistic rules, but boy did I blow them away. 1. Only buy for under $10. 2. Only sell for above $15. 3. Never jump on last minute auctions. Well with only three minutes left I stumbled on this Butz-Cuoquin Roquebrune 1316 St Claude France pipe that just made my PAD go crazy. Just the look of the pipe, the carving/rustification on it said it had to be mine. And I don't tend to even like rustification on pipes. Though I do like carvings on pipes. So I just paid $26 for pipe I know nothing about. Can anyone share anything on this pipe and whether this was a good deal or did my PAD just run away with me.
s-l1600-600x450.jpg
s-l1600a-600x450.jpg
s-l1600b-600x450.jpg
s-l1600c-600x450.jpg

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
BC made decent pipes. Its worth $26...or you wouldnt have bought it. Smoke the hell out of it and enjoy the money well spent.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have two BC pipes and I like them both. I have found them both to be excellent smoking pipes, but for some reason French pipes don't seem to be as popular as some from other countries. In fact, I have a few French pipes and I like them all. Seems odd, as the briar pipe was started in France that they're not more popular. Maybe they are in other parts of the world?
Smoke it, see what you think and post your thoughts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
French pipes are sold well below their quality price point. This one looks quite good, if it's sound otherwise. I think their pipe industry is so entrenched and established, their facilities are all paid for long long ago. The quality control is excellent as near as I can tell. Plus, lest we ever forget, the French originated the industry-wide use of briar for tobacco pipes; they originated most of the shapes we love so much in English-made pipes; and they have their own special French "accent" with design. French pipes please more and more over the years as you own them. Most French pipes are trusted names and easily worth what you pay estate or new. Newbies can be secure in buying a few -- BC, Chacom, Villiard, Ropp, Genod, Ewa, and others. You seldom go wrong.

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Well I am certainly feeling better about this episode of PAD now. Getting excited now, hopefully it will come in this week. Then a couple of days to get it cleaned up, then see how it smokes.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
You got a wonderful deal. Thanks to another forum member, Butz Choquin pipes have become my top brand.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
LoL! Just wait till you don't think twice about paying $26 bucks for shipping and you make the brown bag promise for a piece next week "for your birthday" in 2047. That's PAD. 8O

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
It just arrived. Looks better in person then it does in pictures. Going to get it cleaned up so I can try it tomorrow at the pipe club meeting. Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.