PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay, some of you may have realized by now that I love Castellos! However, I find myself wavering right now and I could use some advice. There are five pipes in question here. Two are Castellos. I'm good here. One is a Moretti, one an Askwith, and one a Don Carlos. I have no experience with these "others". They are all beautiful pipes and I can't seem to be able to decide between them!!! The Don Carlos is unsmoked. The others are all estates, but in excellent condition. Help me out here!

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I have several of Askwith's pipes. They are all fantastic smokers and I can attest to them being fine pipes. I don't have a Don Carlos or Moretti but my local tobacconist/pipe maker just got himself a Moretti and he loves them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had a Don Carlos One Note for well over a decade and in my opinion smoked almost as well as any Castello I had ever owned. It smoked cool and dry and I had it dedicated to Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake. It smoked that blend incredibly well. If you are looking to try something other than a Castello( which I believe to be the finest factory pipes made) I would go for the Don Carlos. I do have to say that I have no experience with the other pipes you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.