PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
After the let down from my co-worker who was in Dublin and couldn't find the Peterson Store... I ordered a Peterson P-Lip Darwin Standard System Pipe. Wow. Awesome pipe, great cool smoke, the p-lip is amazing.

X80PAU4.jpg

Its actually a decent sized bowl - just looks small in my gorilla hands.
I saw it had been delivered and couldn't wait to get home today to break open the box. I had them throw in some McClelland Pastry (Aro) to try out, and also not bad at all.
Pipe as on smokingpipes:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=134065

Jan 8, 2013
As soon as I saw the pic i thought, "Gee, that's a tiny Pete." And then I saw what you said about your gorilla hands lol. Congratulations on your first Pete. Hope it smokes great for you.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Enjoy you pete, may there be many more in your future. I really am partial to the P-Lip, glad to hear you like it, too.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Congrats on a great looking Pete! I have 3 System pipes, all P-lips and all great smokers! All of them are dedicated to aros, as they seem to do a great job with those blends.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Well, I had my doubts about the plip, but it sounds like it's well worth a try.

Dec 24, 2012
That is a sharp pipe.
After the let down from my co-worker who was in Dublin and couldn't find the Peterson Store...
Couldn't find the Peterson store in Dublin? Jesus, is your co-worker named Helen Keller? It's tough to miss.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Such a beautiful pipe and you had to go throw some crappy aro in it huh? :rofl:
Enjoy it man. I've always loved my Petersons. Looking forward to getting a closer look at it this week at the meeting.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ain't that purty!

I bought a System 317, and it IS small. I like it well enough, but I'm going to take a look at the Darwin now...PAD!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
@dryseason91 I like it - its different as I can feel the roof of my mouth being coated vs hitting my tongue - it cuts back on the bite for sure. I like it and can see myself getting another couple.
@kcpoe Yes! I had read about some who said a pipe cleaner wouldn't go through, I have had no problem cleaning the stem. You really see all the moisture in the shank/reservoir though.

Status
Not open for further replies.