New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay is a very dangerous place for your wallet. Came across this fantastic bully. Luckily the owner of the pipe still had the box and other ephemera intact. It isnt a "vintage" or a rare Dunhill, but at 1/3 the cost of a new 4108 it sure is a fantastic. This pipe was bought in April 2001. No idea about the date of manufacture.
gs0FmVH.jpg

WsFbSZW.jpg

ZeoiWVI.jpg

CdKilXN.jpg

y1vOcUK.jpg

PiMO2r6.jpg

Q16QWEm.jpg

KsEV6QO.jpg

Y2He4xn.jpg

dkaM6OD.jpg

NJFsBRf.jpg

Zv7YBTR.jpg

Reactions: capitano

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I know. I was kidding. I'm a HUGE Dunhill fan, but there are frequent threads stating that we only buy them to impress others, an opinion I reject greatly. It's an awesome pipe! Sometime sarcasm just doesn't translate well in text.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That looks terrific. What is the two-digit date code? Should be easy to date. Those later Group 4's are more like Group 5's, that is a big dog!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
pm, At 1/3 retail for that shape, IMHO I must buy, as long as the rent is paid and you have money for groceries. Nobody but nobody hits the nail on the head for classic shapes like Dunhill. Some of the S-curved pipes in whatever finish I find so beautiful they make my heart ache. Happy smoking and stay off ebay:).

@Nate thanks brother !! After committing myself to my 7 Prince Project, I'll behave and be a good boi for a few years. So unless that 1920 Army Mount Dunhill is available I amnot buying anything this year ;)
@ssjones Al, the digit is 01 (2000 i guess), it was bought by the seller in 2001
@papie thanks brother !
@didi you are totally right ! Dunhills along with other British marks are still the standard.
@4NogginsMike I agree wholeheartedly, I am in love with the S Curved pipes, finish is secondary !! They are like a perfectly proportioned woman and you know how those curves just makes our eyes big ;)
Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.