Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2015
I've always admired the calabash, and yet never got around to buying a proper one. Perhaps the ones I wanted were far out of my price range or there was just always another shape I wanted a little more. And then came the Briarworks signature calabash, combining a high grade calabash design with a reasonable price tag, still it was just a tad high, which is why I held off so long. Luckily, one came along on eBay, unsmoked, and I won it at a real steal.
I haven't seen many reviews on these pipes, so I'll put it through the ringer this coming week and probably cross post my review to here and to reddit when I think I have a good enough idea what this pipe is all about. All that said, here's the pipe:
roTK3ug.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Nice. I have looked at those as well and thought about pulling the trigger. One aspect that kept me from that is that when I look at the bowl dimensions online it looks like the bowls are extremely shallow. I would be curious to know how the bowl is on yours. Beautiful grain on that one.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a real beauty there. Been eyeing those myself for some time now. Enjoy. :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Peck I bought one and to give you info if you like a long smoke these are not for you. Largest depth I have seen is 1, and 3/4 inches, good smoker but too small for me, Baki has a huge one but 1000$ is steep for me, if I pay that a Parks is my choice. Nice pipe by the way.

Dec 24, 2012
I think the briar works ones are even shallower. This one for example is .69 by 1.16 http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Briarworks/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=186141

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wanted one of these ever since they debuted at the West Coast Pipe Show some years back. I finally pulled the trigger on a nice sandblast with a smooth bowl. I'll post a pic later. Just curious if others have had one and how it smokes for you.
I think over the years they increased the bowl chamber size a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.