PAD Beast Is Calling: 1st Nosewarmer, 1st Clay, and More!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I recently got a great deal on some pipes from Ebay, a guy who is fairly local. Total cost for all 4 pipes? A whopping $15. Woot! Check em out!
DSCN0921.jpg

Im refurbing these two first. The bent pipe has some terrific grain on it.
DSCN0922.jpg

I totally love the look of this litle nosewarmer. The other pipe is a cool little bulldog/rhodesian shape.
DSCN0923.jpg

These stems were a little nasty but cleaned up very nicely. Pics of those to come soon.
DSCN0924.jpg

Haven't started these guys yet, but I look forward to working on them.
And because I got such a great deal on these pipes and had a little cash left over, I decided to splurge and check out two pipes made from the only material I have yet to have in my collection: Clay. Check out my two new Sherlock Holmes clay pipes!
DSCN0928.jpg

Does life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
I own that exact clay and love that little bugger, smoke is always cool just dont grip the bowl haha.

Jul 15, 2011
Nice score. I'm sure you'll clean em up to look great.
The stem on the bent pipe cleaned up nicely. It is getting an alcohol treatment as we speak, and then all it should need is a good wax and shank scrubbing.
On anothe note, I just had my first smoke of one of the clays, and can I say WOW! The bowl does get rather hot, but the smoke is so dry and neutral that it is just fantastic. I tried a bowl of Anniversary Kake in it and it was just fantastic. These are destined to become my work horse pipes. Anyone who does not own a clay should get at least one in their lifetime.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
This is making me consider giving a clay a try.

@Paul, you sir, have my vote! :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
This is making me consider giving a clay a try.
I have been smoking nothing but this clay for the last two days now and the smoke is heavenly. It is a small bowl but I still get a good 40 minute smoke out of it, the taste is really dry and neutral no matter what baccy is in it, you don't have to clean it and you don't have to let it rest. I just load two bowls back to back and puff away, content as all get out. You really should try one. I got mine from These Guys Great service and great prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.