PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've got a particularly rough case this spring....a few on the way....
Boswell Two Stem Churchwarden Freehand Sitter
boswell.jpg

Short stem:
boswell-2.jpg

Front view:
boswell-3.jpg

Ashton Pebble Grain Dublin:
ashton.jpg

From the top:
ashton-dublin-3.jpg

And a fun Brigham Klondike Canadian:
brigham-canadian-600x286.jpg

other side:
klondike-2-600x286.jpg

And also a Neerup:
neerup-600x374.jpg

Other side:
Can't wait to load em up!

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I really like the grain and stems on those Neerups. They’re just a bit too “Danish” for me, but they’re damn nice looking pipes. Maybe if they ever put out some more reserved looking straight pipes with those finishes I’ll snag one. That Ashton is a real looker, too. Nice job on all of those, I hope they’re fine smokers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Appealing pipes, and lively variety. You've really jazzed up the rack.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I really like the grain and stems on those Neerups. They’re just a bit too “Danish” for me, but they’re damn nice looking pipes. Maybe if they ever put out some more reserved looking straight pipes with those finishes I’ll snag one
I actually agree, I am not a big fan of Danish shapes. I often find the lines a little too soft and, well.......turd like. I went back and forth on this pipe for a few days, but eventually the look of that grain and finish just got me. I don't own any other pipes even close to this shape, so I decided to give it a go and see how it feels in the hand. Plus the bowl is huge, which is a big deal for us once a week smokers, haha. Eventually the grain in that briar was just too pretty to pass up for the price. Plus the unique stem. I would absolutely love to see the same materials in a nice billiard/dublin/prince, etc. though for sure. That's actually the reason I got the Brigham Canadian above it. Brigham pipes have a lot of cool looking grain in their more classic shapes, and they are in the same (totally reasonable) price point as the Neerup.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Congrats on Your new acquisitions, very nice pipes,love that Long Canadian, I have two from newer Ashtons,very dependable and good smokers if You can live with how the stem buttons are finished, I had to modify mine (sand down)and now they are perfetto

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Canadians, lovats, liverpools and lumbermans are my weak points, this Brigham is indeed a nice one. Is it a Canadian Canadian, Italian or Frenchie?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Canadians, lovats, liverpools and lumbermans are my weak points, this Brigham is indeed a nice one. Is it a Canadian Canadian, Italian or Frenchie?
Agreed, I love the length and simplicity of the shapes. I've never much cared for shorter pipes. I'm not a smoke up my nose kinda guy. That and the artisan pipe world seems to be moving towards a very refonkulous shape tendency. I've seen enough goddamn blowfish turd tree stumps with a stem to make me want to puke. That Neerup is the closest thing I've purchased to that sort of thing. Wasn't a huge fan of the shape, but I couldn't resist that grain in the briar for the price point. There should be a law requiring all artisan pipe makers to offer at least a few straight billiards, dublins, or canadians. And over 6 inches for pete's sake. Size does matter.
And the Brigham, it's a Frenchie. Would love a legit Canadian Canadian, but, whatdya gonna do...

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
@Alaskanpiper, I have seen some Winsløw liverpools and a bunch of straight billiards from him, mainly in the crown lines. I have a straight apple from him and it is a very good little pipe. The Danish Pipe Shop always has a lot of Winsløw pipes.

You are right on the Brigham, if you want a new one then accept the Frenchie or Italian. But as there are a lot of French Canadians, maybe this is the closest one.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
They all look great! Enjoy! Love Canadians too, I was also infected last month with Canadian fever. Always loved the look of those Neerups too. Only thing that ever held me back was their shorter length. I’m sure it will be awesome, I smoke a 320 occasionally and that never bothered me! You have to Christian them all in one sitting with a full bowl each you know.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I am not a short pipe guy either. The Neerup is 5.5, which is about as short as I can stand. It got here last night. It's a beaut.
Haha, I wish I could pull that off. I only smoke about once a week though. I think if I did 4 bowls at once I'd puke for the rest of my life :mrgreen:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Def in the Canadian crew here -- that thing rocks! Reminds me a lot of a Comoy I had BITD, early 70s. Lot of good memories associated with that one.
B

Status
Not open for further replies.