PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckgdrums

Lurker
May 20, 2015
Friday, 2 different packages containing 6 tins of tobacco were stolen off my front porch after the USPS delivered them... :-(
Needless to say, I am very disappointed! However, thanks to the good folks at Pipes & Cigars, when I call them on Tuesday, they will file a claim against the Post Office, and send me out replacements for what was stolen! Now THAT'S what I call customer service!

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
The person who stole them is probably coughing and retching from attempting to roll up pipe tobacco in papers, even more so if they were flakes?!
Isaac

ckgdrums

Lurker
May 20, 2015
A couple of them were flakes... I was thinking the same thing. Probably kids who thought they were getting something "good". I hope they puke their little guts out! LOL..

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
Glad you are getting your stuff replaced.
Last year I had a box from Ebay taken off my porch, Our neihborhood had weathered some issues with stolen mail but nothing from us. It was a Parker with a cumberland stem I got from Pipestud last yeaar. I had a lot going on that week and didn't even realize it had been delivered on Friday. Then comes Sunday, a no mail day in my town and lo and behold its my package sitting on my front porch, opened (icluding Pipestuds packaging which is top-notch) all shoved back in the box with a note saying "no thanks". I brought it in and showed it to my wife with disbelief, all we could surmise is some punks kids took it and thought they were getting something cool.
Well, at least they were "honest" thieves.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
UPS accidentally mis-delivered a package to my address. I googled the rightful recipient and tried to call but got no answer and no offer of voice mail. After a few days, I called Amazon and reported the problem. They told me just to keep the package and they would send another to their customer. Got a nice set of hair clippers out of the deal. Use it to keep my beard trim. Serendipitously, I was in the market for a bear trimmer but kept spending the money on pipes.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
The substitute mail carrier won't leave anything by my porch and I usually have to leave special directions just in case or I am making my way to the post office.
I'm not concerned with theft as I have a large bush on each side of my doorstep and I know the local knucklehead kids.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
There has been an increase in this type of theft in the city I live in and cameras are usually the downfall for many if these super geniuses. Cameras are the way to go.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'll admit right here that i belong to the Big Brown Truck Cargo Cult. I've never received a mis-delivered UPS package, although I've always wished that I would. I will light another candle at the BBS Shrine....

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Out of curiosity, what was the tip off that they were stolen vs. delivered to the wrong location? I ran into a couple situations like that and didn't get much help determining which it was from contacting USPS. Wondering if you have a better route to getting that information.

ckgdrums

Lurker
May 20, 2015
I'll admit right here that i belong to the Big Brown Truck Cargo Cult. I've never received a mis-delivered UPS package, although I've always wished that I would. I will light another candle at the BBS Shrine....
I wish it was only misdelivered... they were stolen, for sure...
Out of curiosity, what was the tip off that they were stolen vs. delivered to the wrong location? I ran into a couple situations like that and didn't get much help determining which it was from contacting USPS. Wondering if you have a better route to getting that information.
I actually spoke to the mail carrier that came back by the house at the behest of his Postmaster. He described the packages perfectly and showed me where he set them.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I actually spoke to the mail carrier that came back by the house at the behest of his Postmaster. He described the packages perfectly and showed me where he set them.
That sucks; and that would be the best way to confirm one way or the other.(I seldom run into my carrier though)

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
UPS wont leave packages at my door unless I sign the waiver thing. USPS and FEDEX still leave them. I figure this will change and follow UPS soon. Someone smarter than me needs to invent a fake bottom planter where they can store our baccy unseen from the street. :)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That's great they've sent your order again... Just curious, but when will it arrive and what's your address?

Status
Not open for further replies.