PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
So about two months ago I was going through my Mason jars and I found a jar of blending Latakia and another of Virginia. I also had some Prince Albert (PA) opened. While I don't dislike PA it is not a favorite of mine. I decided to try my hand at making a blend of my own.....sorta lol. I mixed up the three and then jarred them for the last two months. Today I decided to try it out. First of all GL Pease can rest easy I am not going to be taking his job anytime soon lol. But it was pretty good the flavors came together in a nice way. It was a enjoyable and relaxing smoke. Plus the bonus and the real reason for this post. The CSM, my wife, walked into my smoking room and said that she really liked the smell of what I was smoking and asked what it was. I told her and she said she liked it quite a bit and no worries I can even smoke it in the car!!! Which surprised the heck out of me! The last room note comment from her was when I was smoking (Bayou Nights) she stated it smelled like stale crack house smoke and clarified that it was not a nice crack house either lol. So the CSMs opinion that my new creation smelled good and I could smoke it in the car was impressive and welcome as the car has been off limits to me pipe. The problem is I certainly did not pay attention to my mixing and may never be able to match it!! May have to call in the experts at Standard Tobacco to recreate this mix!! :rofl:

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I often mix and match the bottom half of jars that I feel I've had sufficient experiences with. Might drive some purists crazy, but I like my frankenblends a lot.
Nice to hear you made a successful mix, and the wife's approval is definitely a bonus. I appreciate her sass too; reminds me of how my own dearly beloved feels about all tobacco...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't recall ever using PA as a mixer, but Carter Hall is a great base to mix odds & ends with.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Michael, that makes it very hard if your dearly beloved hates tobacco. I am not sure but I hope that there are support groups for that disease. Maybe hypnosis? With the correct treatment and support recovery from hatetobaccoitis is possible!
aldecaker, I will have try that. I do have some Carter Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.