"Over" Dry Tobacco in a Pre-Loaded Pipe ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Now this was weird. I grabbed a Savinelli of my pipe rack last night and noticed it was already packed. The first thought obviously was "What the heck" :crazy: , until the still functioning part of my memory loss ridden brain recalled I had actually packed it with some C&D Autumn Evening.... last Friday night ! Stuff came up, I put the pipe back on the rack and forgot all about it. Until last night that is.
So I thought to myself... "Self, what harm can be done by smoking this bowl ?" Since "Self" didn't respond satisfactorily, I lit up the darn thing. And what do you know. It was quite pleasant, although with a very different flavor profile. The maple was way more subdued, a bit more heavy on the nicotine and I obviously had to take it way slow. Only at the bottom I found a little bit of a bitter aftertaste, but overall, this was a weird yet pleasant surprise.
Anyone else ever have this happen to you ? Anyone else ever smoked a bowl of obviously quite dry tobacco ?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yup. I had some 1Q I wasn't able to finish.
Came back to the bowl a few days later. Took on a familiar but different taste. Kinda fun to see them change like that.
I'm always telling myself to pre-pack bowls for tomorrow or the next day... but I never remember to do so.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
well in a way thats sorta what i do. i let my tobac get almost bone dry before i smoke it. you always get ture tobacco favor that way. i think by drying frist you get rid of gurgle and get a better smoke from top to bottom of the bowl. i have also come back to half bowls smoked, and they always smoked good in my opinion.
mike.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
There's no harm in it, it just will have differint charecteristics. Some people smoke all their tobacco bone dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.