PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
There's a portal in my home that leads to and from a land where creatures of myth and legend dwell. I often spend my time traveling there where I've had some wonderful conversations with elves, gnomes, dwarves, and even a dragon or two. There's a nice tavern/tobacco shop there called the Busty Pirate where you can find good food, good ale, and great tobacco all in one place. There's a wizard that spends a lot of time there with an uncanny resemblance to Chasingembers, who favors a certain yacht shaped pipe. He says he has 904 of them. The proprietor of this tavern is a little gnomish guy who ties his beard up over his head so he doesn't trip over it. He's about two and a half feet tall, and his beard is about four feet long. But don't let his size fool you. I once watched him drag a minotaur out of his establishment by his nose ring for starting a brawl. He smokes a churchwarden, holding the bowl with his feet. It's a nice place to visit from time to time, where you can enjoy a conversation with adventurers from many far away lands, listen to great music, and have a pint and a smoke. :mrgreen:

Reactions: yanoJL

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ahhh! Anthony smoked moldy Black Frigate! Wait a minute, I was there too!

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Reminds me of a little place called the "Warble and Wander Inn" and the patrons seem familiar. :mrgreen: I really miss the old gaming days and haven't seen my Elf Ranger, Dwarf Cleric, Human Wizard, or the rest of the gang, in years. Congrats on your portal and may it bring you joy for many, many years. :P

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
It's good when you can find a respectable tavern like that. Too many of these other world places have resident trolls lurking about. The little gnome must have a good eye for spotting trouble.

Jan 8, 2013
He does indeed, Brightleaf. And he doesn't suffer trouble makers in his establishment. He says if heads must be cracked, crack them when out adventuring or the arena or whatnot.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
OK, I am on my way over... but now I can't remember how I got there the last time I visited. Sigh... I guess my own portal will have to do. Maybe we will meet somewhere sometime.
Minotaurs Huh? :puffpipe:

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I could use a pint and a smoke right about now. I just have to make sure the missus doesn’t see me trying to port myself over.

Jan 8, 2013
Minotaurs Huh?
Yep. Brutish creatures. Stubborn as a bull sometimes, but good to have on your side in a fight.
I could use a pint and a smoke right about now. I just have to make sure the missus doesn’t see me trying to port myself over.
Nah... bring her along! Just be mindful of the pixie that likes to hang out in the corner by the fireplace. He's got a way with the ladies. A regular inch high Don Juan that guy is.
You come along too, Ken. Plenty of ale and baccy to go around here.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Smoking some Condor RR that has me lying on a giant palm leaf while Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, feeds me grapes

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
nothing more frightening than a pissed off Dwarf Cleric

You're telling me! He seemed to get pissed a lot. He's chaotic good with emphasis on the chaotic. I miss his frequent "Jihads" to take down an evil doer who was frequently rich and undeserving of this wealth. Aahh. The good old days. :) Who is your favorite character frequenting the Busty Pirate?

Jan 8, 2013
Who is your favorite character frequenting the Busty Pirate?
The actual busty pirate lass hanging out in the back with her feet on the table, showing lots of cleavage while she downs an ale and gives me a wink :mrgreen:

Jan 8, 2013
Do they have coffee?
The best coffee you'll ever have! Brewed with the tears of unicorns and water from the fountain of life. Not sure where where the beans come from... sometimes it's best not to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.