PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I don't want to undercut any of the advertisers for this website but I was wondering if there are any other online pipe sellers like Pulvers' Briar? Don't get me wrong, I love dealing with Marty but I was just wondering if there were more like him out there as he alludes to them on his website but for obvious reasons does not list them.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Mike Law has a good website with lots of pipes.

MKE Law is Dave Neeb a Milwaukee, WI (MKE) attorney, pipe dealer and he makes very good looking pipes himself.

http://mkelaw-pipes.com/

Do you get smokingpipes.com weekly update? IMO that is a great place for estate pipes. 8O

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I wish every online pipe seller would do what (for example) smokingpipes.com has done:
1. Give the nomenclature of the pipe (e.g., Peterson System Smooth XL305)

2. Give all important dimensions.

3. Remove the pipe if it has been sold, or at least clearly mark it sold.

4. Do not advertise a "sale" on a line of pipes when virtually every pipe has been sold or is otherwise out-of-stock.

5. If you have an extensive pipe inventory, help me to know if you have added to the inventory so that I don't have to search again and again for new pipes that might interest me.

6. Have a good search engine that is not easily thwarted by odd characters in your pipe coding (e.g., #05).

7. When I sign up for an online newsletter, I am expecting to receive something once in a while about your new activities, sales, upcoming events, etc. In my experience, newsletters are rarely (if ever) received, and then not on any regular basis.
These are several reasons why smokingpipes.com is a great example (IMHO) of the right way run an online business. (BTW, I am in no way connected with smokingpipes.com except as customer.)

connolse

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
forsooth, I find that I frequent sellers that take the time, as you explain, to describe their product as fully as possible, and I automatically stay away from the ones that take the easy road of just posting a picture. For me, the exact specs and dimensions are important, and I guess I assume that a seller who doesn't provide this info doesn't want someone like me as a customer:)
Marty Pulver is a class act, as are the folks at smokingpipes.com. Others not so much:-(
One thing I always appreciate is the pipe on a grid that makes the dimensions visually clearer. I always liked that pipesandcigars.com did this, for example, but they have now ceased the practice, much to my chagrin.
In any event, back to the original topic. Here are some other less well known pipe sellers I sometimes enjoy, both new and estate:
www.pufferspipes.com
www.pipes2smoke.com
www.thesmoker.com
www.thepiperack.com
www.vtpipes.com
www.pipeandcigar.com (the Pipe Den, note singular 'pipe', not 'pipes'in url)
www.walkerbriarworks.com STRONGLY recommeded!!!
www.cheapestatepipes.com
www.jamesislandpiper.com
www.thebriary.com
As you can see, there is plenty of good stuff out there! Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.