PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The check engine light has been going on and off in the wifes ride . I have been selling parts for everything from cars to ships for about 30 years now . So as you can quess I despise working on anything . With newer cars everything is OBD II and a scanner just makes life easier and cheaper in the long run . If for no other reason to keep your mechanic honest . I have put off buying a scanner as I use a Fluke meter to test readings on sensors and such . Well I decided I would do some research and the otc 3109 scanner had a lot of bang for the buck . I was able to test and diagnose my problem in under one minute . This little unit has 15000 codes definitions and does manufaturer specific codes as well as CAN , trans and body codes .The unit cost me a buck twenty and was much eaiser than the Fluke meter . Not too many years ago this would have cost a couple of grand .The good news is I could come back into the house and settle into my chair ,stay warm and smoke my pipe with peace of mind that the repair could wait till the weekend .

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm going to have to look into one of these. I do it the old fashion way... rip it apart till you hopefully figure out the problem. I like this method much better, and the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.