PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
How many of you have this slight OCD issue, of wanting to smoke the same tobacco brand as the pipe brand? I've had this a little bit in the past, when I had Dunhill pipes, I felt a slight need to smoke Dunhill tobacco in them more than other tobaccos. Same with Petersons, Savinellis, etc. I wasn't limiting myself to just those tobaccos, I just had this urge to use them.

So with this in mind after I recently ordered some Orlik Golden Sliced, in my perusing Orlik history came across the fact that they had actually made pipes at one time. So now I felt the need to acquire an Orlik pipe to smoke the Orlik tobacco! I realized that this was just an excuse to buy another pipe, but felt that in my mind it made total sense. My wife was watching me go through this process and felt I had gone off the deep end somewhat, and accused me of being too "matchy, matchy". (her term for obsessing over having your belt match your shoes or something like that) I'm not sure I disagree with her, but here's what I ended up with. I got a Orlik "Double Bore" billiard, and from what I read, this is an older model, though I'm not sure how old. It's got two holes in the stem end, for what ever reason, but it does smoke nice, and I sure it makes the Orlik flake smoke better! (true or not, at least that's what I'm telling myself)

Anyone else have these kind of issues? Or do I need professional help?

img_00802-600x474.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.