PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Been wondering this myself. Is it even real? Or is it just a fabrication that slipped through a glitch in the pipe tobacco matrix?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yep. Right there with Frog Morton on the Train, Esoterica Watergate, and Samuel Gawith Platoon Follower.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well, it does exist and I actually sold a couple of tins of it a few weeks ago. It was never imported (to my knowledge) into the USA. If you are not seeing it on any of the Danish websites then it may be out of production. One of our Dutch members, arno, would probably know if someone wants to send him a private message.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
Back in the 70ties we had here on the home market Green, Brown, Black, Red, Yellow & Blue Orlik - after the color of the tins - as well as some imported from UK.

The brown was called Mixed Curley Cut.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Isn’t that the one that SG Brown Suger Flake was emulating? Maybe it was a different blend, whatever it was I thought it was out of production. I know it was an Orlik Blend.
Edit* Yes, according to tobacco reviews Samuel Gawith’s Brown Sugar Flake (now called BS Flake, that’s a bunch o’ BS if ya ask me) is meant to be their version of Orlik Brown Sliced. Also not available in the States, it was at one time but The Danish Pipe Shoppe has exclusive rights to it so you have to pay top dollar to buy it from them. It cost me $60 for two tins, I bought them before the very short lived release in the States.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Kinda surprised at this unattainability. Orlik seems like one of those steady producers and able distributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.