PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
I have been debating on getting a new pipe for a while, and one of the pipe makers I kept coming back to was Mark Tinsky. I haven't heard a bad thing about his pipes and after cruising through all of the threads about new pipes lately, I finally took a breath and ordered my first pipe from him! I was going to email him to inquire about custom orders, but when I went through his site(s) there was one that I absolutely fell in love with. The more I looked at it, the more sure I was that it was the right pipe. Odd how that works, eh? Anyways, I purchased it yesterday and received an email advising that although he is out of town, he'll mail it out as soon as he gets back. I thought it was very professional of him to let me know and based off of what I've heard from other forum members, I'm not really surprised. I'm glad I've taken the next step and invested in a pipe created by someone with such an excellent reputation. Very excited to get this pipe and can't wait to break it in!
FYI - I blame all of you for enabling my PAD. Haha, in all seriousness, this is a great place to talk about a hobby that I've quickly started to love. I've realized it's not just a hobby - it's a journey. All cheesy comments aside, here are the pictures that he had of the pipe on facebook. I was going to wait until I got it to post this thread, but I'm super excited about it and I figured I'd share it with the rest of you :)
1959370_649328028459462_1832707780_n.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Congrats bookn3rd5, you made a great choice with Tinsky that you will not regret. Sounds like you did your homework beforehand as well. The Tinsky I have now is one of my favorite pipes and I recently made a post about him repairing it free of charge, even though I did not but it from him and on ebay. His customer service is second to none. I have a custom pipe being made by him and I spoke to him today via email and I believe he is back in town from what I gathered from the email. Let us know how it turns out and how she smokes.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Not hard to see why that pipe grabbed you! It's elegant yet rugged looking. Congrats and I'll be watching for further print on how she smokes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've bought more expensive pipe than my two Tinsky's, but looking back, they sure weren't any better. The best bang for the buck in the pipe world.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a wonderful looking pipe. I SOOOOO wanted to get his morta or black and tan Christmas pipe but just never pulled the trigger. Good luck with yours, and let us know how she smokes.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks everyone! Very excited to get it, hoping it'll arrive on Saturday if I'm lucky. Like I said, I've been keeping an eye on his pipes lately and I did quite a bit of digging for info from those of you who have his pipes. I almost got the 2013 Christmas pipe - really like the shape - but this one just called out to me every time I looked at it. I love the dark coral rustication , and the combination of that rustication and the shape of this pipe sort of sang to me, lol. I also really like the smooth rim; it is a group 5 pipe so it should give a solid smoke time. Not sure if I'll dedicate it to specific blend; what types of tobaccos do all of you prefer for this size of pipe? I'll undoubtedly figure out through smoking it what works best, but I figured asking you all might lead to some good conversation. And I'm not quite sure how I'll break it in yet - I usually just load up and smoke. Have any of you had luck breaking in your Tinsky pipes with a specific method?

Status
Not open for further replies.