Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
... county employees are required to sign a 'Tobacco Usage' affidavit that swears they don’t smoke or be subject to a $25 fee per pay period - up to $650 per year. The alternative is for the employees who choose to smoke more than four cigars per year to quit their jobs ...
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/orange-county-smoking-ban-may-be-illegal/

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I just heard a little bit about this yesterday evening.
What he did should be, and in my opinion, is illegal! I am so sick of all of this sneaking through of anti-tobacco "laws". With all of the other things going wrong in the world, the governments are still only worried about making people stop smoking. It makes me sick!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I thought the photo editing I did was appropriate.
richard-t-crotty.jpg

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I've never understood the the hostility toward smokers. I like being able to giro bars in Ohio and have them smoke free and if the weather is nice you can smoke outside. If not oh well I'll smoke inside when I get home if I still want to. Ive never smoked cigarettes so I don't know that addiction. Having lived in rural KY growing up I saw how inportant the industry was to so many families.

andriesb

Lurker
Aug 18, 2009
Living in South Africa it's the first I heard of this ridiculous 'law' (read it here on pipesmagazine.com) but we too have been 'blessed' by these idiots in government. Here they passed a law that forbids the selling of tobacco through the internet. Mostly I think it's because they can't tax all the internet sales, but it's mostly an inconvenience bordering on outright annoyance. I have uncles that smoke tobacco that the local tobaconnist don't stock or simply can't get a hold off. Now it's all but impossible.
Let's hope that collectively society comes to it's senses before it's too late and all the freedoms that everyone has fought so hard for is legislated out of existence. Best of luck to all who live in Orange County, works for the government and enjoys a peacful smoke.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Lol. Kevin that picture kicks ass. That guy needs his ass kicked. Someone transport me back to 1899 please. This crap is getting ridiculous. Tobacco kept me from have a stroke last week, when a pinched nerve almost pushed me over the edge. Used wisely, tobacco has many medicinal uses. But, mankind has almost lost all reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.