PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
It is more of an apricot/ orange but Stanwell Melange is one of the aro's that actually tastes like it smells . Fair warning it will not only ghost your pipe it will take over it like a poltergeist - use a cob and if you like it dedicate a basket pipe to it.

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
When I first started, I was looking for a orange flavored blend. I'll have to check some of these out, however I don't really smoke very many aromatics any more. Thanks for all the suggestions!

After reading through this one earlier today, it got my taste buds to buzzing, so I tried a bowl of Holger Danske Original Orange when I dropped by The Briary a little while ago. I liked it enough to buy a tin. It still has the Virginia-ness in the taste, it's just complimented by the orange, vanilla flavors which you can actually taste. It'll make a great break from the flakes and vaPers, especially in the hot summer months coming upon us in the deep South. Plus, it smells great. However, if anyone is against aromatics as a whole, I wouldn't suggest it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
nurseman, thanks for the information on Stanwell Melange. I am aging a tin, but I didn't know about its

ghosting. I'm mostly indiscriminate and don't designate pipes, but this might be an exception. The flavor

sounds intriguing, but I don't want it with every other blend I smoke. I'll just smoke it in a cob and take

my chances using the cob with other blends.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
All of these sound really good! I've taken a few weeks break from the aros myself, but I can see a reintroduction in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.