PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Life throws us some interesting pitches.
Been awhile since I got on here. What can I say, life got in the way!
So, some on here know I was my 95 yr old Dad's primary caregiver for 8 yrs. He has Alzhimer's. Anyway about 18 mos ago one of my sisters finally stepped up and took over. Lord knows I needed it. I was pretty much a mess after 8 yrs of it, without any help!
I had to get the hell out of town, and start a new life. Even tho I have a BS degree in Geology, when your out of a field of science that long and your 58, you can forget about getting a job doing that.
I decided to go where I'm most comfortable, the mountains. So I sold everything I owned that wouldn't fit in my truck or that I wouldn't need. Bought a big cabin tent, wood stove, and few other items, packed up and high tailed it to a national forest in the mountains outside Santa Fe NM.
And here I've been. Surviving off the land for the last 18mos. Smokin my pipes, healing my soul, and pondering the next journey life may pitch my way.
After all that pondering, I came to one definate conclusion, I couldn't have done this without my pipes! You just never know when they may save your soul!
Cheers, from the top!

Monty

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks fellas, it's good to be back amongst fellow pipers.
I used to do all this from a desk top computer. But I only just recently bought a smart phone to get online and be able to stay in contact with my kids. Also, I gotta take a little hike to get a signal good enough to get online. Unfortunately I have no wifi up here, so everything eats away at my data plan. Which is why I can't do pics from here. But I'm going into town next week to do a little handyman work for some cash, and I'll have wifi there so I can upload some pics for you guys. If I can figure out how using my phone.
So ill be around awhile, hopefully, unless I get eatin by a bear! Lol
Cheers,

Monty

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds exciting. The minimalist realism of it, plus the beautiful nature, makes it very appealing. Also I bet you are detoxed from media and herd pressure, so that's an awesome bonus.

Reactions: Latakia Dave