PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
I've searched to see if there was a thread if there were any ontario groups. There was, but thread was 5 years old and didnt want to play necromancer lol.
Curious if there were members here in the gta area wanting to do a meetup? I've moved from

Winnipeg mb to Mississauga ON. Wouldnt mind meeting new people =) would probably be in the spring so we can smoke outside unless someone knows a place we can smoke indoors.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I'm in Toronto and I go to the Toronto Pipe Club meetings whenever they're on. Its a great group of guys.
I'm always up for a nice sit and talk on a park bench while enjoying a pipe, so feel free to PM me.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I'm in Ottawa but I'm not aware of any clubs in the region. There were a couple of guys from the area that were members of this forum but they went silent and it was before I joined the forum.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
http://torontopipeclub.ca/
we used to meet on a bar patio but thats out so its been tough here in the gta.

good bunch of guys -
also in the oshawa area oshawa club - a bit out of date but you get the idea -

https://victorycigars.ca/event/lakeshore-smokestacks-pipe-club-meeting-2/
regards all

howard

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Well, my family lived there 135 years ago. Then we left because we heard the winters were warmer in South Dakota. :mrgreen:

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
aro,
I try to give my B&M's business, but its really hard. A 100G tin of tobacco here is just under $70. By mail order, I land two tins at my door for less than $50. My other issue is that I really don't buy pipes at any sort of reasonable frequency. I own 7 pipes, have not bought one for almost a year now and I honestly don't feel the need to add to my collection. I feel bad about it, but there's no way I could afford pipe smoking if I had to get my tobacco here. It would help a lot if smoking lounges were allowed. I'd pay a premium for that. As it is, I have to enjoy my pipes either on my balcony or in a secluded corner of my local parks so as not to break any bylaws.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Ya i'm in a similiar situation.

The price for tobacco here in canada is ridiculous. Pretty much all my tobacco comes from our friends south of the border.

Not to mention the variety.

Its a shame that it has come to this. i would love to keep it local but its just not worth it

I'm lucky in that i have a garage that i have turned into my cave where i can enjoy a smoke. Heated in the winter as well so its wonderful to get away even for a short while.

If your ever in etobicoke and feel like a bowl let me know. Pipers are always welcome in my cave

Cheers brother

cehr

Lurker
Jan 26, 2019
Also from the GTA here. I also only visit local B&M's for pipes and supplies. I acquire the vast majority of my tobacco from the US as well.
Oh, and I would also love to do a meet up. I am in the North East end (Markham). I have joined the mailing lost for the Toronto Pipe Club but I haven't gone to any events as yet.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.