PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiszmich

Lurker
Sep 9, 2013
Chicago
I want to start off by saying that I absolutely love this podcast. I learned so much from this, seeing as though I am the first person in my entire family to smoke a pipe, its nice to know that the knowledge I gain from this podcast I will be able to share with my friends and someday my children. I love everything about it, the information, the interviews, the music, the rants, and even the commercials have given me more web sites to look at after listening to the show.
My only comment against the show is the static noise that follows before and after a commercial. It sounds like and old radio tuning in and turning off, or something like that. It just is so loud and since I usually am outside with a pipe listening, I have headphones in. The talking needs to be turned up to hear the important information, and then before a commercial break, that high pitched screeching just makes me cringe and quickly try and turn the volume down. Am I the only one know notices this? If so, I'll just deem myself as an odd ball and move on. It would just be so much more enjoyable if that noise was replaced with silence, or maybe some smooth music to transition.
Hopefully I'm not the only one who notices this. Just something to make a fantastic show even better. Thank you for the fantastic podcast, and keep doing what you're doing.
Thank you,
Louie

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Yup I've ever noticed anything on the show in the vein that wasn't "purposeful".
Probably the only thing I've noticed is a pretty noticeable difference in audio levels between the interviews and everything else- so when it cuts to commercial its pretty loud- and dang it, Mondays when the little guy is napping is when I catch up! Can't be having these volume spikes!
:)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I think the sound is fine but I do agree the volume of the sound through out the show is a bit up and down. I suffer the same ear aches as louis regarding the "bumpers." I am hard of hearing and turn the volume way up the be able to clearly hear the interviews.
I just recently started listening to the shows and I started from the beginning and am about halfway through all the shows. I just recently listened to the show with Brian berating foggy over complaining about the same sounds. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.