PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last year, on December 1, Sutliff announced the release of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in 1.5 ounce tins. Though I started the campaign to get EGR in tins, it was our fellow pipe smokers (many of whom were members of this forum) who e-mailed Sutliff in droves that convinced them to make it available in the tin. Thanks to the work everybody did, and to Sutliff in listening to their customers, I thought today was worth celebrating EGR!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Jim: Thank goodness for your perseverance. I was one who sent an email to Sutliff, and I am so glad they listened and took your advice.
EGR is excellent for an all-day smoke. I love it and have a very old Edwards Algerian briar set aside for Mr. EGR.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
JimInks:
Congratulations to you on the success of your campaign with Sutliff to keep this venerable mixture alive and readily available to those who wished to try it, but were uncertain about the wisdom of investing in a 12-ounce tub. You have done the pipe-smoking community a great service, and I, for one, am in your debt.

jondalawyer

Lurker
Nov 5, 2013
I just finished my first tin this morning. I think I received it as part of a Pipes and Cigars giveaway. I really enjoyed it and am going to order some myself.
It is a nice, easy smoke. Flavorful without being overwhelming.
Thanks Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.