PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I thought that I would try to start a narrowly focused thread asking each poster to briefly tell about one of their pipes. I'm not looking for "the greatest pipe in the world" or "your favorite pipe". Just one of your best smokers that gives you pleasure to own. Post one picture only, with a few words about why you love it. I will start:
Here is my Scott Thile Bulldog. It is a pleasure to look at and a pleasure to hold. It has a wide open draw and smokes like a charm. It passes a pipe cleaner always and never ever gurgles. It is currently dedicated to Old Gowrie. Awesome.
scott-thile-opus-2-343-bent-bulldog-10-600x443.jpg

Sep 18, 2015
Crown Achievement, This is one of my Lat pipes it's not overly picky on how I load it, smokes cool, dry and almost effortlessly. This was part of 'deal' with a lb. of tobacco.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This big fellow is a Ben Wade Amber. Got it from pipestud earlier this year, and once cleaned up and restored, smokes like a dream. When full, I get close to a two hour smoke, and has become a great reading companion.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15543

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
IMG_3622_zpsw0fqm0mm.jpg

One of the cheaper pipes I've bought and a firm favourite, a blakemar briars cutty that I had shortened down to around 4". It's incredibly beautiful in the flesh being a perfect cross cut with a loads of birds eye grain, it also happens to be very light and as a result it clenches like a dream. It loves to smoke Virginia and Kentucky blends like RC Scottish Cake.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I bought this Bob Hayes pipe new about a year ago, but it has become one of my favorite pipes to smoke. The shape, the bowl size, the bit, and well everything about this pipe makes it one of the best smoking pipes I have.

img_0017-600x394.jpg

And Brad, well if that isn't the most graceful, beautifully made pipe I've seen, I don't know what is!

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015

Chacom Savane estate pipe I won on ebay for an unbelievable price. I find myself reaching for it more than just about any other pipe on the rack. It's not the prettiest pipe in the world, nor did it break the bank. But it delivers a fantastic smoke and virginia and vaper blends really rock in it. Sometimes gets a little gurgle, but takes a cleaner with ease. Great pipe and cost me less than a steak dinner. What more could you really ask for?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Nice pipes, gentlemen! :puffy:
Stanwell Brushed Black Bent Apple ... smokes English blends like a champ, never gurgles and always smokes cool.
The other thing I like about it is that it was purchased from a member here!
img_20151004_132231-591x600.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This pipe always smokes cool and dry, never needs a pipe cleaner for excess moisture. Even though it has thick walls and looke like a heavy pipe it is about 50 grams give or take either way, The stem on it is as comfortable as any I have ever smoked. It is a Rad Davis Calabash.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Lately I seem to be reaching for this old Stanwell and fully rubbed SG Navy Flake. A very nice combo.
Nice pipes!
Cheers,
J
Stanwell_zpssjzmxvjx.jpg

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
I am a Peterson pipe lover and my first Peterson, a Dracula 68, is still a great friend. It taught me to slow down and sip my tobacco. How you ask? Because with this pipe if I smoke too fast it will gurgle a little. I used that gurgle as my cadence key. Seems silly I guess but it was a great learning tool. Rarely, very, very rarley do I get a gurgle in any pipe because this one was such a great teacher and smoke! Both the pipe and I love Peterson's Irish Flake or University Flake and I smoke them exclusively in the ol'Drac!
img_20151210_192510221-600x337.jpg

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
http://www.tobaccopipes.com/bc-nice-1402-tobacco-pipe/

This Butz-Choquin has become my favorite smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.