PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
Today on Ebay I bought a full bent Peterson for $1.81 plus shipping. No, it was not pristine. A 609 with a silver collar. Maybe I will be able to find someone to refurbish it for me.
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

cann

Lurker
Mar 11, 2012
Hi All... Could I impose on some the members here. I have been trying for over hour to access the BriarBid.com site as Ive a listing there. I keep getting no connection, does anyone have a link they can send me to try access this way. Desparate here...lol
CAnn

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
On Ebay

Item # 190 945 922 925

You want pictures maybe Ebay will let you see the transaction.

I live in Nicaragua, I bought the pipe in the UK. It will take a month or more for me to receive it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
No offence but .....
That is one old tired System Pete literally smoked to death. Literally. Looks like the bowl had cracked/split and someone glued it back together.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
That is one old tired System Pete literally smoked to death. Literally. Looks like the bowl had cracked/split and someone glued it back together.
That was brutal mate.
@spud----- For $1.81, you should get quite a few good smokes out of it mate. Clean er up good and enjoy

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Pretty rough looking, but as said, just put some love and elbow grease in it. It may prove a decent smoke. And if not, just shine it up and use as a "display only" :)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Stan's right. It's a PoS. Might get something for the silver band.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I'd say you'll get a lot of good smokes out of that Peterson once she's all cleaned up. As mentioned above the silver band and pipe stem is worth a whole lot more than the small cost paid. I was looking at the exact pipe on eBay myself a few days ago. Congratulations on the great buy!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't know what kind of smoke you will get from a cracked pipe or even if it is smokeable. I hope you can restore it yourself, because it is not worth sending out to a professional.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
The shank cap is not silver. Look at it closely , it has the faux hallmarks shamrock-tower-fox which indicate a plain nickel band.

Indeed, one could use the stem if it's not chewed through it should clean nicely. As for the bowl itself, it looks like it has blown up in someone's hand once before.

Status
Not open for further replies.