OMG...the most expensive pipe I have ever seen!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
It sure is beautiful, but c'mon!
https://www.alpascia.com/en/prodotto/39028/dunhill-namiki-two-carps-limit

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Hmmm...that kind of eastern enamel aesthetic (called cloisonné) is used to great effect in many media, but it looks jarringly out of place here. Perhaps it would feature better on a less traditional shape? Perhaps on the underside of a substantial volcano; an elegant marriage of audacious carving and delicate finish. Less contrast between the motif and the pipe finish would help too - say, the fish figures in outline?
Not my cup of Jasmine Green.
Edit; Warren, you're quite right. I hadn't noticed the video and it is lovely.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Well...nothing to carp at...
But couldn't they wipe the fingerprints off the rim before making the video?
We're seeing Starbucks cups on medieval trestle tables in Game of Thrones, how picky can we be.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Seems pricey for some carp....And that's $18,455 for a pipe! In the immortal word of the great American philosopher Bart Simpson, "Aye carramba!" On the upside, this pipe is a value! I can save a whopping $4060 because I live outside the European Co-Prosperity Sphere. But, still, it's carp on a pipe....
Cheers,
Chili

Jan 8, 2013
“Free gift wrapping is included”
Al Pascia does that will all their pipes. It's a nice touch.
The video is excellent.
Al Pascia does that with some of their pipes. My pipes from there have videos as well. It's also a nice touch.
We're seeing Starbucks cups on medieval trestle tables in Game of Thrones, how picky can we be.
I believe the cup in question contained a green tea. I thought that was also a nice touch :mrgreen:

Mar 1, 2014
Maki-e is one of the few purely aesthetic enhancements I would ever be willing to pay for if I had the money.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8jVZ0yCko

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
OMG...the most expensive pipe I have ever seen!
3.5 million for this one.
p1860b83fe6jsb1uk601teo1c3r61.jpg

Dunhill Eiffel Tower Pipe

I love the Japanese lacquer techniques. They will use pure tree gums and crystals to adhere gold foil to the surface and then many layers of transparent stains made from these all natural gums and crystals layered up to create a textured surface. So, it is real gold and these tree gums. It is quite amazing to see such details, and probably not appreciated as much in this world of digital printers and commercial instant poof things.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Yeah, there are some that are tons more, but good grief, seriously?? If some foo-uhl wants it, it's his/her/its money; mine? 'Nnnnnnup.
$18,455 for a pipe
$18.4K my hind leg! That's going on $22.5K if it's a dime, unless my currency converter is 180-off! :)
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.