PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
my god, i just had White Christmas for the first time, I'm usually a dark beer type of guy but this is amazing!!!

What are your favorite festive brews?

Also I picked up Guinness 1759 pint today, going to drink it tomorrow on thanksgiving!

Cheers

Gunnar

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I havn't heard of Sam Adam's "White Christmas" before. What's it like?
I was very impressed with their Oktoberfest.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Gunnar,
I like dark beer as well and always look forward to Sam Adam's Winter Lager. Always so dark, thick & creamy. Been enjoying it for a few wks now. Never heard of White Christmas; I'll look for some.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Hoegarrden. It's year round, but....it will change your life :) it is a nice Belgian wit that has a very nice tart yeast and plays with a bit of caraco zest and white pepper to keep it interesting.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Magic Hat has a Winter Time Sampler pack that is out right now and absolutely phenomenal. Will be working my through my fourth sampler pack today. Highly recommended.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
white Christmas is a unfiltered white ale is blended with holiday spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, & orange peel. It's very crisp and refreshing, the spices really come out in it. I was stunned.

Jun 4, 2014
Several of our local micro breweries make great holiday beer. One of my favorites is Fegleys Rude Elf's Reserve, it a spiced Belgian Dark Strong Ale. At 10.5 ABV after a glass or two you feel the warmth of the season! Also like Weyerbrachers Winter Ale and Troegs Mad Elf Ale.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
lots of good holiday beers out there. Anchor Steam is always my first buy.
christmas_ale_2014.png

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Iv been drinking the pint of Guinness 1759 their limited edition luxury amber beer, it is quite good, still dark dark look but it does taste like an amber, it's rocking a 9.something content and I'm nice a buzzed. its been Sam's winter lager for the majority of today,

have a blessed and merry thanksgiving

Gunnar
on a related note I'v smoked a Carlos Torano 50 year cigar and my savinelli with rattrays summer 2014 editionthis morning.

what have you all been smoking and drinking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.