PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I just added two estates to my burgeoning ... accumulation of old briar. The first is an oddly familiar looking pipe with a gold filled band and the ever familiar circle on the stem. However, I don't think it's a Yello-Bole or some Cadogan sub-brand. The ordinary quality of the briar makes me think it was made by Medico. As you can see in the second picture, it's stamped, Knickerbocker on the shank. There are no other markings other than, "gold filled" on the band. I wonder if it was a basket pipe made for some "Knickerbocker" tobacco store. Despite its flaws and the minor charring on the rim it's a nice little pipe. If anyone else has a Knickerbocker I'd like to know more about them.
knickerbocker_zps103ead86.jpg

knickerbocker02_zps585bd4dc.jpg

I also cleaned up a much older Kaywoodie that I got for next to nothing. It has a four hole stinger. Despite it being age worn, it is still in very good smoking condition.
knickerandkaywoodie_zps2f1314b5.jpg

Tomorrow I've got an old Nob Hill billiard waiting at the bench.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
@snagstagl, thanks for the link to the Knickerbocker Smoking Pipe Co. listing. While there I got hooked on leafing through pages of old pipe catalogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.