PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So yesterday I grabbed an Oliva maduro out of my humidor with plans of watching it snow on my porch while smoking it. Life being what it is, things came up, and I did not get to go through with those plans. What I didn't plan, was absent mindedly placing the cigar on my pipe shelf only to find it earlier today dried out. Not being the wasteful sort, I decided to try something. I cut five thin coins from the end of the cigar, rubbed them out, and mixed them with one cube cut flake of MacB Old Dark Fired. I loaded this hybrid blend into a Savinelli 904 alligator, and am smoking it as I type this. Picking up the dark chocolate/bitter coffee notes of the maduro mixed with the spicy sweet nuttiness of the Old Dark Fired and have to say it is a very nice blending of flavors. I'm going to reduce the remainder of the cigar to coins and blend it with the MacB flakes in the same proportions and jar them up to see if aging makes this even better.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=F&srch=DF&item=altamc
I always wondered what this Aged Maduro Cavendish was like but I have never bought any. Maybe you know now.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What series was it? I have a box of the series G maduro belisco box pressed. That's a mighty full bodied strong cigar. I'm nic'd out for a couple hours after one of those. Bought a box based on reviews alone and am very happy with the purchase.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Series O. I like them too. Oliva is my go to cigar maker. Love their maduros!

Status
Not open for further replies.